We've been here for 9 days now and we just got the Internet working last night. What a relief. We still don't have our Vonage set up, so I can't make calls home, but it feels so good to be back in communication with everyone again.
It's absolutely wonderful here. It just started getting hot yesterday. When we first arrived it was downright cool, in the low 80s. Not what I was expecting at all. It even rained one day. Today it's close to 100, but there is a nice breeze from the sea, so it doesn't feel that hot. We haven't had to use the air conditioning yet, but I suspect we may use it tonight.
Please feel free to comment on any of these posts. I have no idea if anyone is even reading them. I will post pictures later. It's just rather busy at the moment.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
We leave tomorrow!
We have one day left to pack and clean the house and then we leave for Turkey in the morning. We still don't have a shuttle from Bodrum to Akbük. Nev called a shuttle company in Bodrum last night, but didn't make a commitment yet. So now he has to wait until tonight--time difference--to call and book it. I hate waiting until the last minute, but it doesn't seem to bother Nev.
The next update here will be from Turkey.
The next update here will be from Turkey.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Canceled Flight
We leave in a week and a half. Now it's finally beginning to feel real.
There was a little snag. Raif, our brother-in-law was trying to arrange our transportation from Bodrum Airport to Akbük when he discovered that our flight from Istanbul to Bodrum had been canceled! We hadn't heard anything about it. Nev called Turkish Airlines and they confirmed that our 9:30 PM flight had been canceled and that we had been put on a flight the following day. He was able to change our flight to 7:30 PM that night instead. Our flight from the U.S. arrives in Istanbul at 5 PM so this flight is actually better for us. We had only chosen a later flight because it was cheaper. I just hope that our earlier flight isn't late. If we miss this 7:30 PM flight, we'll probably have to wait until the next day to fly to Bodrum and then there's an hour drive to Akbük from there.
There was a little snag. Raif, our brother-in-law was trying to arrange our transportation from Bodrum Airport to Akbük when he discovered that our flight from Istanbul to Bodrum had been canceled! We hadn't heard anything about it. Nev called Turkish Airlines and they confirmed that our 9:30 PM flight had been canceled and that we had been put on a flight the following day. He was able to change our flight to 7:30 PM that night instead. Our flight from the U.S. arrives in Istanbul at 5 PM so this flight is actually better for us. We had only chosen a later flight because it was cheaper. I just hope that our earlier flight isn't late. If we miss this 7:30 PM flight, we'll probably have to wait until the next day to fly to Bodrum and then there's an hour drive to Akbük from there.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Changing Gears
We are leaving for our fifth trip to Turkey in June. I originally wanted to write this blog in the order of our trips. Impossible. I don't know if I will ever be able to record everything. So now I am going to take a break from our first trip and focus on the present.
We have 3 weeks to go until we leave. Of course, we are all getting very excited. The weather has sucked here the last few weeks with rain, clouds, drizzle and cold. It will be nice to see the sun in a few weeks. Although, I'm sure I will be complaining about the heat and humidity once we get there. I always do.
We have 3 weeks to go until we leave. Of course, we are all getting very excited. The weather has sucked here the last few weeks with rain, clouds, drizzle and cold. It will be nice to see the sun in a few weeks. Although, I'm sure I will be complaining about the heat and humidity once we get there. I always do.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
